Wherein...

A Misfit's Reflection on the World Around Him and Something About Beer.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dark Chapel Artwork

final "Dark Chapel" label art.
     "Dark Chapel" is nearing readiness and bottle conditioning is going well. I decided it was time to take the label art ideas that have been taking up numerous sheets of paper and choose a final image. After scanning the sketch I used GIMP to give it a little extra character and after numerous variations I am pleased with the result I'm making "official".

     I'll provide more info on the Beer itself after a full two weeks in bottles. I'll provide an updated %ABV, notes on the recipe, and some overall thoughts on the result and what I will do differently the next time.

     I decided to make a collage of some of the other rough sketches I played around with just for fun. I eventually decided that the simple glass and candle idea had a more subtle, elegant demeanor.
Several of the rough idea sketches I played around with.
 Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment