Wherein...

A Misfit's Reflection on the World Around Him and Something About Beer.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

So, What Beer Does Morrissey Prefer?

It started as a mere curiosity, so I Googled it. Ignoring all the hits for Morrissey-Fox Blonde Ale, which has nothing to do with the singer, I pretty much found jack-shit. I don't care for hundreds of reiterations of Morrissey's stage exit after the Beer-throwing incident. I wasn't wanting to speculate on how much Vodka (or Tizer, yeesh!) he consumed before or after a show... I was just curious, does he have a favorite Beer?


http://www.morrissey-solo.com

According to one article Mexican-Americans love Morrissey ... because his favorite Beer is Corona? Now, the only references I've found to support this claim are this interview in which a bottle of Corona is imbibed and a picture of Moz sitting  by the gravesite of Johnny Ramone near an open bottle of Corona. Coincidence?

Doing a little more digging I did find a reference to someone, upon buying Morrissey a beer, being told by bandmate Boz Boorer to just order him a Dark Ale. Then, while perusing a GQ interview, I found this:  ""Bollocks," says Morrissey, setting down his fourth pint of Newcastle Brown Ale." This, to me, seems more like getting somewhere. This is, as yet, the most concrete evidence I have of what Morrissey's Beer preference may be. No one else has really asked: "What is your Favorite Beer?" Maybe that's what I should do... write him a letter or an e-mail asking the man directly.

All I can say with any certainty is that Morrissey is not afraid of the bottle, whatever the contents therein may be, and that ale with dark characteristics has made it into his glass more than once over the course of his lifetime. Now, how's that for investigative journalism? Not good, eh? I agree but sitting here musing over what the former-singer of The Smiths prefers isn't an all-consuming passion or something I get paid to do. So there you have it. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment